Hydrated Lime 25kg Bag
Hydrated Lime 25kg Bag CALCIUM HYDROXIDE Hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide), traditionally called slaked lime, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Ca(OH)2. It is a colourless crystal or white powder and is obtained when calcium oxide (lime or quicklime) is mixed, or ‘slaked’ with water. It has many names including builders' lime, slack lime, or pickling lime. Calcium hydroxide is used in many applications, including food preparation. One significant application of calcium hydroxide is as a flocculant, in water and sewage treatment. It forms a fluffy charged solid (‘floc’) that aids in the removal of smaller particles from water, resulting in a clearer supply or effluent. This application is enabled by the low cost and low toxicity of calcium hydroxide. It is also used in fresh water treatment for raising the pH of the water so pipes will not corrode where the base water is acidic; hydrated lime is self-regulating and does not raise the pH too much. Another large application is in the paper industry, where it is used in the production of sodium hydroxide. It is also used as an ingredient in whitewash, mortar, and plaster In road construction, to improve the quality of excessively plastic subgrade soils; as a long-lasting fungicide In the petroleum refining industry for the manufacture of additives to oils; in the chemical industry for manufacture of calcium stearate. For preparation of dry mixes for painting and decorating; in manufacturing mixes for pesticides, and as a natural insecticide. Because of its low toxicity and the mildness of its basic properties, slaked lime is widely used in the food industry as a clarifier for juices, for treating process water for alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, for pickling, and for brine clarification. NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P102 Keep out of reach of children.
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P302 + P352 IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
- P304 + P340 IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician
- P501 Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with the local regulations.
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H318 Causes serious eye damage.
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation.