Acetic Acid 77% Technical 25L Can
Acetic Acid 77% Technical 25L Can Acetic acid (also known as ethanoic acid) is an organic compound with the chemical formula CH3COOH (also written as CH3CO2H or C2H4O2). It is a colourless liquid which when undiluted is also called ‘glacial acetic acid’. Acetic acid is the main component of vinegar (apart from water; vinegar is roughly 8% acetic acid by volume), and has a distinctive sour taste and pungent smell. Besides its production as household vinegar, it is mainly produced as a precursor to polyvinylacetate and cellulose acetate. Although it is classified as a weak acid, concentrated acetic acid is corrosive and attacks the skin. Acetic Acid 77% Technical 25L is one of the simplest carboxylic acids. It is an important chemical reagent and industrial chemical, mainly used in the production of cellulose acetate for photographic film and polyvinyl acetate for wood glue, as well as synthetic fibres and fabrics. In the home, diluted acetic acid is often used in descaling agents. In the food industry, acetic acid is used under the food additive (EU number E260) as an acidity regulator and as a condiment. It is widely approved for usage as a food additive. If you work in the food industry, Click here to view our food grade acetic acid. NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P301 + P330 + P331 IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353+P310 IF ON SKIN or hair: Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water. Immediately call a poison centre or doctor/physician.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician
- H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.