Ammonia 34% 25L
Ammonia 34% 25L Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen, with the formula NH3. It is a stable binary hydride and the simplest of the pnictogen hydrides. At room temperature, ammonia is a colourless, highly irritating gas with a pungent, suffocating smell. Ammonia has alkaline properties and is corrosive. Ammonia is not highly flammable, but containers of ammonia may explode when exposed to high heat. Ammonia 34% 25L is one of the most commonly produced industrial chemicals. It exists naturally in humans and in the environment. Ammonia is essential for many biological processes and serves as a precursor for amino acid and nucleotide synthesis. In the environment, ammonia is part of the nitrogen cycle and is produced in soil from bacterial processes. Ammonia is also produced naturally from decomposition of organic matter, including plants, animals and animal wastes. 80% of Ammonia is used in fertilizer, it is a building block for ammonium nitrate fertilizer, this releases nitrogen, which is an essential nutrient for growing plants, including lawns and farm crops. Ammonia can also be used in ammonium hydroxide, which is more commonly known as household ammonia, it is used in many products to clean tubs, sinks, toilets and countertops; it is particularly effective as it is good at breaking down grime or stains from cooking oils, animal fats and wine. Finally, ammonia can be used in as a refrigerant gas and in air-conditioning, it is able to absorb substantial amounts of heat from its surroundings. To view our agricultural chemicals, click here.
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P273 Avoid release to the environment.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P301 + P330 + P331 IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353+P310 IF ON SKIN or hair: Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water. Immediately call a poison centre or doctor/physician.
- P304 + P340 IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician
- H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation.
- H400 Very toxic to aquatic life.