Citric Acid Anhydrous 25kg Bag
Citric Acid Anhydrous 25kg Bag The user must satisfy themselves that the product is appropriate for their use. Citric Acid Anhydrous 25kg is a weak organic acid; it is a natural preservative, and is also used to add an acidic or sour taste to foods and drinks. It is used mainly as an acidifier, as a flavouring compound, and as an anticoagulent by chelating calcium in the blood. Within pharmaceutical industries, it is used as an excipient, its anti-oxidant properties make it perfect for this role. The anhydrous form contains no water molecules. The dominant use of citric acid is as a flavouring and preservative in food and beverages, especially soft drinks. Within the EU it is identified by its E number, E330. The buffering properties of citrates are used to control pH in household cleaners and pharmaceuticals. Citric acid has many uses and FG can be added to ice cream as an emulsifying agent to keep fats from separating, to caramel to prevent sucrose crystallisation, or to recipes in place of fresh lemon juice. Citric acid is used with sodium bicarbonate in a wide range of effervescent formulae, both for ingestion (eg. powders and tablets) and for personal care (eg. bath salts, bath bombs, and cleaning of grease). Citric acid is also often used in cleaning products and sodas or fizzy drinks. To view all our products suitable for the food industry, click here. This product can only be delivered to commercial premises.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P264 Wash hands thoroughly after handling
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P337 + P313 If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.