Sulphamic Acid 25kg
Sulphamic Acid 25kg Sulphamic acid, also known as amidosulphonic acid, amidosulphuric acid, aminosulphonic acid, and sulphamidic acid, has the formula H3NSO3. This colourless, water-soluble compound is generally supplied as white crystals. Sulphamic acid is used as an acidic cleaning agent, sometimes pure or as a component of proprietary mixtures, typically for metals and ceramics. It is frequently used for removing rust and lime scale, replacing the more volatile and irritating hydrochloric acid, which is however cheaper. It is often a component of household descaling agents, or detergent products used for removal of lime-scale. When compared to most of the common strong mineral acids, sulphamic acid has desirable water descaling properties, including low volatility and low toxicity. It forms water-soluble salts of calcium and ferric iron. Importantly, sulphamic acid is preferable to use in household in comparison to hydrochloric acid for its intrinsic safety. If erroneously mixed with hypochlorite based products such as bleach, it does not form chlorine gas, where the most common acids would. Sulphamic acid is also used in the industrial cleaning sector, particularly for dairy and brewing equipment. Although it is considered less corrosive than hydrochloric acid, corrosion inhibitors are often added to commercial cleansers which are based on sulphamic acid. Other uses include: in the food industry as a precursor to sweet-tasting compounds, as a catalyst for esterification process;in dye and pigment manufacturing;as a herbicide;as a coagulator for urea-formaldehyde resins;as an ingredient in fire extinguishing media;in the pulp and paper industry as a chloride stabiliser;in the synthesis of nitrous oxide by reaction with nitric acid;in electroplating and in silver polishes. NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P273 Avoid release to the environment.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P302 + P352 IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P337 + P313 If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
- P501 Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with the local regulations.
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
- H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.