Caustic Soda Liquid 32% 25L
Caustic Soda Liquid 32% 25L, ready to use/dilute. Caustic Soda in Liquid form is also known as Sodium hydroxide, it is an inorganic compound, that has the formula NaOH. Caustic Soda Liquid is a strong, colourless alkali, formed through the electrolysis of salt brine. The liquid takes the form of a colourless, transparent and viscous substance, that can be solidified depending on its concentration and temperature. Caustic Soda Liquid 32% 25L is a caustic based alkali that decomposes proteins at ambient temperatures and can cause chemical burns. It is soluble in water, and readily absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from the air. Sodium hydroxide is used in many industries. Within chemical production it is used as a basic reagent within a multitude of general industrial applications. When producing pulp and paper, the sulfate and sulfite pulps are purified by removing lignin compounds in the caustic extraction stage of multistage bleach plants. Caustic soda is also used in the de-inking process of natural fibres and as a makeup chemical in some kraft mills. Caustic soda can absorb carbon dioxide, making it useful in light petroleum fractions. In textiles, the chemical can be used for scouring and bleaching. It also saponifies fats into water soluble sodium soaps which is beneficial in soap making. This product is sold in a non-returnable container, we do offer the option to be able to return your containers, click here to view that option. NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES. Additional Information : This product meets the requirements of BS EN 896:2012 for the treatment of water intended for human consumption and the purity requirements of E 524, sodium hydroxide as a food additive, as described in the Official Journal of the European Union. Methods of Analysis are given in BS6075 Parts 1-14, 1981. NOTE: THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED TO COMMERCIAL PREMISES.
- if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
- P301 + P330 + P331 IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353+P310 IF ON SKIN or hair: Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water. Immediately call a poison centre or doctor/physician.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician
- H290 May be corrosive to metals.
- H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.